Links and resources
- Taking Action against HIV Stigma and Discrimination (November 2007). Published by DFID. Copies available from the AIDS Portal. http://www.aidsportal.org/
- HIV/AIDS Stigma Resource Pack produced by the Siyam'kela Project, South Africa. Copies available from The Centre for the Study of AIDS, University of Pretoria, South Africa http://www.csa.za.org/ & Email:
- Understanding and Challenging HIV Stigma: Toolkit for Action (September 2003). Developed by Ross Kidd & Sue Clay for The CHANGE Project and the International Center for Research on Women. Copies available from the CHANGE Project, Academy of Educational Development, Washington, DC. http://www.changeproject.org/ & Email: .
- World AIDS Campaign 2003. A conceptual framework and basis for action: HIV/AIDS stigma and discrimination (June 2003). Prepared for UNAIDS by Peter Aggleton and Richard Parker. Available from the UNAIDS http://www.unaids.org/.
- HIV-related stigma, discrimination and human rights violations: case studies of successful programmes (April 2005). UNAIDS Best Practice Collection. Available from the UNAIDS http://www.unaids.org/.
- The Greater Involvement of People Living with HIV (GIPA) (March 2007). This UNAIDS Policy Brief is available from the UNAIDS http://www.unaids.org/.
- Start the Press: How African communities in the UK can work with the media to confront HIV stigma (October 2007). Published by Panos London and the African HIV Policy Network (AHPN) and available from AHPN. http://www.ahpn.org/.
There are also a series of publications on various aspects of HIV-related stigma and discrimination, which was produced by the POLICY Project in January 2006 and available from their http://www.policyproject.com/. They are as follows:
- A Closer Look: the Internalization of Stigma Related to HIV. Prepared by Pierre Brouard and Caroline Wills.
- Can We Measure HIV/AIDS-related Stigma and Discrimination? Current knowledge about quantifying stigma in developing countries. Prepared by Laura Nyblade and Kerry MacQuarrie.
- Breaking the Cycle: Stigma, Discrimination, Internal Stigma and HIV. Prepared by Ken Morrison.
- Breaking Through: Profiles of Individuals Challenging HIV-related Stigma and Promoting Human Rights Around the World. Prepared by the POLICY Project.