The People Living with HIV Stigma Index in The Bangladesh was conducted in 2009. The total number of People Living with HIV who participated in this study was 238. Out of 238 People Living with HIV, 152 were male (about 64%) and the rest (36%) were female. Most of the People Living with HIV(110 out of 238) were from the age group 30-39 years. 50% of males were from the 30-39 years age group and 38.7 % of females were from this age group. The proportion of female People Living with HIV was higher for the age group 20-24 years and 25-29 years than male 25-29 years than male People Living with HIV. Only 1 PLHIV was from the age group 15-19 and was a female. Among all People Living with HIV (n= 238), 66.38 % were married or lived together as husband/wife/ partner living in the same household, while 2.94% were currently married or lived together husband/wife/partner but living/working away from household. Piecing it together for women and girls- The gender dimensions of HIV-related stigma (Evidence from Bangladesh, Dominican Republic, Ethiopia) HIV. Stigma. Gender. These three terms are all-too-frequently used together on any discussion related to the structural determinants or driving forces of the epidemic. Much time has been devoted to developing a deeper understanding of their connections at plenary addresses at AIDS conferences; articles in journals and all kinds of quantitative and qualitative research. Yet, despite all we have learned over the past three decades about HIV-related stigma, it continues to thrive – fuelling the continued expansion of the epidemic. It is imperative that we find innovative and personal ways to piece together the ever-growing rhetoric into tangible difference in the lives of people most affected by the epidemic. And in many countries around the world, these lives are those of key populations1 and young women and girls. Piecing together the various parts of a response to HIV-related stigma – to match the realities of the lives of different women and girls – requires that policy makers and programme experts; advocates and activists; researchers and academics work towards a collective goal. Responses must be carefully crafted and become ‘fit for purpose’ to effectively address the most pressing bottlenecks. These strategies could include: - fit for research and policy -fit for advocacy -fit for learning Responses to stigma must evolve and develop in line with the nature of HIV-related stigma, which is ever shifting and changing. We hope that this document will provide some insight on piecing together the various elements to address the nuances of HIV-related stigma as it affects young women and girls. The reports are provided here.

Graphs and charts